Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Finally....drum roll please
When Alex was one week old my boss came over to visit. As I am breastfeeding in the lazyboy she proceeds to tell me that she is claiming bankruptcy on the business. She keeps selling me on the idea as to why this is going to be okay for my family and I, to be honest I am not even sure what else she repeated to me. I basically sat there in a fog scolding myself that I fell for all of her promises. Mind you we had just moved into home offices while I was 9 months pregnant so I was going to have the perfect set up, wrong. Since that day I have been trying to figure out what I am going to do for my part in taking care of our family. It has been an every day battle as well as many sleepless nights of indecisiveness. The guilt of leaving my boys with someone else and after receiving my paycheck realizing that my take home pay is hardly worth it. I came to the conclusion that I would wait tables. Put aside my pride and go work the job I did when I was 21. I could then stay home with the boys ensuring that all is well with them and go make some money in the evening to support us. My father tactfully pointed out to me that he highly doubts my husband is interested in working 14 hours a day and then coming home to care for the boys. I am lucky in the fact that I have an awesome support system. My in-laws are definitely willing to care for the boys in the evening. Is it fair to expect them to come care for the boys after they have had long days of work? Not really. So the latest idea was I am going to open a daycare. My husband shot that idea down in 2.5. So I am sitting her yesterday once again stewing as to what I should do. It was as if a light bulb burst and I came to the realization that I need to do what I am good at. I am a kick ass recruiter. Clients and candidates still call me for advice, they respect my opinion. It is time that I respect my opinion and own what I am good at. I began a half attempt at this idea a couple of months ago with my friend Michael. Our company is called Candidate Connection. I have been basically sitting idle because I wanted Michael to be responsible for all of the marketing. Yesterday I made the brave step to actually get on the phone and market. Low and behold I had success! I am thrilled and ready to take the scary step of doing what I love, being able to stay home with the boys more than if I was working a 9-5, and feel good about providing for my family. It is a win-win!!So...wish me luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You will succeed at what ever you choose to do as you have proven time and time again. You will be great, no luck needed. But if you do need a drum roll I can provide...I was a band nerd!
Yay honey......I agree with Kami, you will be successful whatever you do. I am so proud of you! You'll have to call me and give me the scoop on the scandalous situation!!!
Love you,
Kris
Post a Comment