The song by Pink is constantly going off in my head. Is this a sign that I am suppose to be a rock star or that it is time to throw the towel in on this dream? I do love me some Pink, if I was to be a rock star she maybe who I would want to be.
Regardless, a couple of updates. This past weekend we went and stayed with the Heer's (thanks again AJ for an awesome weekend). I did notice that she was very sad after we left. I mean after all having 5 children in the house 6 and under for a weekend can lead to depression the day after they are all split up. I have to say the kids were really good though. The dynamic when we get together with the Heer family is so easy. Kids like each other, adults like each other, and it is very relaxing considering that we are outnumbered by children.
On Sunday before the Super Bowl Erik and Bill took the kids sledding at this hill that provided the tubes and a "magic carpet" ride back up the hill so you didn't have to walk back up. They had a blast and I was jealous but us girls stayed back with the babies and enjoyed our down time and some chicken wings in ode to the Super Bowl. I am definitely in the next time they want to go. Pure genius if you ask me-going up the hill is when you start to lose the kids and the adult’s stamina.
We came home on Monday; since it was mildly storming the roads were horrendous. It took us 8 hours to get home; Erik drove between 40-50 the entire drive home. There were tons of cars in the ditch, semi's jack knifed, and troopers everywhere. We contemplated stopping multiple times but as long as you drove with the conditions in mind it was okay. I can never get over the jackasses that insist on driving like maniacs in bad weather, like the rest of us are being too cautious and 20 miles down the road you seem them stuck in the ditch. I started to take stock and saw that it was consistently college age girls and man over 40 in big trucks that thought they were invincible. Kids slept at least half of the drive because they were exhausted and I was finally able to breathe when we got off and the interstate.
This week have been preparing Valentines and getting used to Zoe again. Forgot how much work a puppy is while we were gone but I am also still happy with our decision to bring her on. She helps complete my rock star image. So who is your inner rock star? Do share.
5 comments:
8 HOURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do you know how much fun we could have had??
Anthony left his backpack here, by the way.
We had so.much.fun with you guys here and YES, I was quite sad - especially since I had to watch you drive off in to old man winter's storm!
CM
Melissa you rule...that's all I have to say!
What a fun weekend--and a stressful drive. Ugh. I don't envy that part, but I do hope AJ comes here again this spring or summer so all of us blog moms can do a huge mom-kid gathering.
Ha! I think YOU ARE!! Wow. You are a busy girl. But seems like you take it all in stride pretty well!
Be blessed-
Amanda
Hey girlie--waiting for a new post from you!
Post a Comment