Are nothing but TROUBLE!
My dad and Alex are two peas in a pod. Our two guys that like to wear super heroes. Two men that like to watch and play sports. When they are around each other they are connected at the hip. Alex insists on sleeping with Papa whenever we are all together. They speak the same language. When I was little I felt the same way about my Grandma June, her and I had a wavelength that was just ours. Grandparents are such an important fixture in our children's lives.
After my dad's accident I had some pictures on my phone that I took when we arrived at the hospital, my dad asked me to. When I got home I didn't think much of it. The boys often play on my phone, games that I later become addicted to (damn you Temple Run). Alex reviews the pictures often since he is the picture taker most of the time, he likes to relive his work. Papa came across the screen with all of those cuts and abrasions. His face filled with concern. "Mama, what happen to Papa's head?!" I explained he was in an accident.
We went to Baudette this last week from Wed-Sat, there was 11 days between us visiting my parents and the day that Alex saw that picture of my dads accident. He asked to see his Papa everyday or to call him. When we got to Baudette he was looking for the cuts but they had all healed. "Papa, I love you so much." I can still hear it. They then picked up where they always leave off, kicked back in the chair watching a game.


No comments:
Post a Comment