Thursday, August 2, 2012

Talia's first birthday!!!

So our little peanut is now ONE! This past year has flown by. I have been able to spend it all with her due to working from home and I am very grateful. She is truly a gift, to all of us. The boys still cater to her, not as much as her father but that is a whole new post. Her daddy caters to her every whim. Last night he came home and as soon as she heard that door shut she squealed for him,"DADDDDDA!" He rounds the corner and they have their nightly meet and greet. Sorry, I digressed. Back to her birthday. Truthfully I did not really have an elaborate party planned. Thought the boys and I could make her cake, have a small celebration after dinner with just us. That did not happen. Too many family and friends that kept calling to find out,"What's going on for Talia's birthday? What time should we come over? Can we bring anything?" I realized that she is already apparently a party girl, I do see the irony in that. So we had a party and it was a night that I will always remember because my little girl is now one. I do have more pics to share with you but here is one from yesterday in the mean time because nap time is ending here shortly.

Talia's words: Mom, Dad, Baby, Go, she can say woof, woof if you ask her what a puppy says, and pretty sure she says her name...TAAALIAA
Milestones: She is trying her hardest to walk, so far the most steps in a row without falling is 5. She plays peek a boo, patty cake, and claps. LOVES to dance. We chant...GO Talia, GO Talia, GO and she dances like crazy.
Loves: Babies, swimming, swinging, her brothers...not much this girl does not love. She is so easy going and acclimates to pretty much anything with ease. She has been that way since day one and I cross my fingers we keep going with it. She goes back and forth from being a daddies to a mommies girl.
Dislikes: Not a huge fan of veggies pureed, has to be the real deal. Do you blame her? She is not a fan of wearing shoes, car seats, or strollers. Once you get her strapped in she is fine but getting to that part is not always easy.

I have more pictures to share from her birthday but hear her calling my name over the monitor, I need to grab her before Big Al flips her out of her crib. I love you Talia Claire, you have completed our world. xoxoxoxo

2 comments:

Vicky said...

How is that possible? One year old! So utterly cute and adorable! Party girl- heavens yes- that is the only way to be!

Anonymous said...

Happy you are enjoying every minute of her, looking forward to seeing you all soon!

Amy