Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Milestones

Talia is in semi-toddler mode. She is into EVERYTHING big or small. LOVES to play with her big brothers and follow them around as if she is one of the pack. If I find my makeup brush or my favorite lip gloss gone I now get on all fours and search at her level. Odds are in my favor that I am going to find what I am looking for. She loves the thrill of the chase. If she is successful in nabbing my cell phone, remote, or a kitchen utensil she likes to take off running squealing as you strategically get back what she has. Talia is now saying "Peeass" (please) and "Tankoo" (thank you). She will beg for whatever you are eating -uh, uh, uhhhhhh and make her hands into little look alike pincher's. She loves music and dancing. Now that Dancing with the Starts is over for awhile we will all be sad because she gave them a run for their money. I think her and Alex could be some serious competition. If you put her in a new outfit or even just get her dressed for the day or bed she has to go show her brothers so they can tell her how cute or pretty she is. But she also likes to play with cars, trains, and get as dirty as possible when she feeds herself. She hums "ABC" and when we sing it will chime in with three of the letters "E,F,G". Itsy Bitsy Spider and Twinkle, Twinkle are also hummed, sang, and demonstrated. She really has completed our family and I am so grateful that we are the five of us.

Alex has been sick A LOT. The poor guy had a three week stretch where every third day he was either throwing up, had a fever, or just plain miserable. I took him to the ER on a Saturday because his temp was 103.5. They told me it was just a virus but he was down right miserable. I felt so helpless. He would get sick and say,"Sorry Mama." No buddy I am the one that is sorry that I cannot fix this. He is the one I struggle with when it comes to getting sick, if there is a virus he is going to get it and he is going to get it good. He threw up all over the art table at school one day. But when he is feeling good you can see the wheels constantly turning in his head. Our morning conversations when it is just he and I are some of my favorite.
"How big is the earth? It is a planet, right mama?"
"How does Santa get the sleigh up, those reindeer are strong you know, it is not magic."
"Why is it so dark out?"
"Mom, you can't go on yellow, only green!"
"Don't yell at the car in front of you, that is not nice!"
Alex loves to go to the hockey rink with Erik and Anthony to chase the girls. He loves the ladies and I get a good chuckle out of it now but if I think of the future I wince. I keep reminding him of all the other things he likes too to distract him. He has his whole life to worry about girls.

Anthony is engrossed in school and hockey. I tried to discourage him from hockey. I did not want to sell my soul to hockey. We made him wait until third grade to join. I was nervous we waited too long. I was right only in the fact that I had no idea how much he was going to love it! Any time Anthony has started a sport about three weeks in he wants to quit. This summer with baseball was the first time that did not happen. He LOVED Babe Ruth. Never complained and was always excited to play at practice or game day. Same thing with hockey, he is ready and out the door without us having to remind him. Coach Rob gave him kudos the other day and I think he floated home. He has naturally taken to it and I have enjoyed watching him flourish. He now has hockey hair and all he wants for Christmas is hockey dedicated in one way or another. As a parent it always feels good when your kids are happy.

Life is good at the Tortorice's and I say my appreciations to the guy upstairs every single day. We all are hitting different milestones and for that I am very, very thankful.

No comments: