I have decided to take a break from Facebook, FB, whatever you want to call it. While I love all the pictures and celebrations I think it is important to shut down being too attainable. When I get home at night I am going to make a conscious effort to put my phone on the charger and answer it if it RINGS! If you need to text me go for it, I am just going to try not respond unless I hear my phone ringing. With my new gig at EB it is not required I bring my computer home every night but I have my email coming to me on my phone. I am also going to make a conscious effort to curb checking that until I hit the night time routine of brushing my teeth. Not that I think that any of the above is bad, I just feel like unplugging for awhile and focusing on the voices in my house. Reading a book on my off time and writing out cards. I love writing! Full sentences with lots of adjectives and really just getting back in touch with me. Write out our bucket list and plan our trip for the year. I did book a trip for Erik and I to go to Vegas in October. We leave on Monday at 6 am and will arrive back in Fargo at midnight on Friday. I will be attending the LinkedIn conference for work for a couple of the days but the rest of the time we are going to relax by the pool, order room service, and take in a few shows.
I am feeling guilty today because I did not get Anthony's report card in for hockey. He is an awesome student and I should give him chances to celebrate that. Completely gapped it out. So instead of the
7 pm ceremony at MHS I think we will be at Cherry Berry. I can't decide whether I should tell him or not because I know he is going to be upset with me.
So now I have the mom guilt's. I plan on taking a half day Wed-Fri this week for spring break (already planned, not due to mom guilt) so just he and I can hang out. I thought we could do a movie, hit up the new Courts Plus indoor park, and a trip to Barnes & Noble. I cannot believe how he has changed this year!
1 comment:
It's good to 'unplug' for a while. I checked my FB, email and phone only periodically when we were gone for 9 days and it felt good!
Post a Comment