Monday, July 6, 2009

I wish I would have had my camera.

This is the statement that kept running through my head all weekend long. Why do I not carry my camera on me, especially on amazing holiday weekends like this past one. It was absolutely gorgeous! I kept trying to take snapshots in my head to lock away in my memory but for now I will have to count on my blog to remember what I didn't capture in a photo. Anthony playing on the island and jumping off the rope swing for his first time. Squealing with delight when he saw his new "bunkhouse". Jumping in the middle of the lake to swim, floating on life preservers, and flashing my husband-okay now that I don't need a photo of. Seeing the most AMAZING fireworks show I have ever witnessed. Our friend Brad's uncle puts on his own personal show of fireworks for Cormorant Lake. After visiting their camp for dinner which was a child's wonderland with blow up bouncers, sparklers, and individual bunkhouses we headed over to Camp Cormorant for front row and center seats to the show. There had to been 200 boats on the lake-that is a shapshot I hope I never forget. There was almost a full mooon on the 4th and the lake was lit up perfectly. Alex was with my in-law's and after realizing how loud the fireworks are when you are right under them I was relieved. He was very spoiled by Papa and Grandma, today I am trying to break the cycle of no you don't just get it cause you scream at me. Today we are really just being lazy, catching up on getting the house cleaned, laundry, etc. Back to the real world tomorrow. I think we are going to crank up the sprinkler and I am definitely grabbing my camera-I will post some of our favorite pic's from today later. Hope you all enjoyed your holiday as much as we did.

2 comments:

Getting back to me said...

I'm glad you had such a great weekend! Sounds like fun!

Holly

Anonymous said...

Glad that you had a great weekend! I'm sure you thoroughly enjoyed your new camper, can't wait to see it! We had a great time well, kids are a blast to watch, all the amazement in their eyes! Talk to you soon.
Kami