Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Alex




So my little Alex is a going to be two in January and I CANNOT believe it. I was watching and listening to him tonight and I realized that I needed to post about him since this blog is his baby book the most information we have documented on our little ball of fire.

Alex is very physical and you can tell he is going to love playing sports. He loves to play with any type of ball and naturally stops the ball to give it a solid squared off kick. He is not scared of jumping right into a pool without flinching. If you let him go under the water his little legs start kicking to get to the top. Erik and my dad love watching sports with him because he gets really into like he knows what is happening. Cheering, booing, you name it. Both of his arms go straight in the air with a loud yay!

He is just getting into coloring. If there happens to be a random pen lying around he wants to "lalo". Tractors and cars are also a new favorite. On Saturday he was chasing Erik around the kitchen and was successful in catching his toes a couple of times. Love, loves, loves books. I read three per night my limit and if I am in the right mood they can turn into a dozen.

We just figured out last night that all this pop he has been requesting was popsicles. He rarely gets pop and all he kept asking for the last couple of weeks was pop. We were completely baffled? Right now he is also figuring out he is not sure about vegetables which is frustrating because I have never had that battle with Anthony.

Alex still wants to be Anthony's shadow. I never realized before I had Anthony how close those two would be. Sometimes I swear they speak some brother language I don't understand. There will be times when I cannot figure out what Alex wants and Anthony will tell me nonchalantly what it is and is usually right on.

Alex has been obsessed with daddy the last couple of weeks. Erik leaves a room, Alex automatically follows behind. "Mommy, where daddy?" Is the question I get when we wake up if Erik is gone or if I pick them up from daycare. Once we get home he waits with anticipation and takes off for the door when he hears it open. It stings a little but I also love it that he loves his daddy as much as I do.

So little man even though you are becoming a big boy just know that you will always be my snuggley, laid back baby boy. Our life would just not be as bright without you and way too quiet.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know!! I can not believe Alex is going to be 2 already in January! Time flies. He has grown up a lot. Anthony and Alex are good buds with each other. He is very active. Remember the other day when I was over and leaving "shoes." He is so cute.
faith

Vicky said...

Aw what a sweet tribute to a two year old. He will love having this someday! I emailed Beth and she said she would do blog banners if people wanted her to! Email me and I will forward her email to you if you'd like. vwestra14@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Very nice post Melissa. I can't believe how tha time flies! And the sibling language is the same at our house-Alli is a good interpreter-even gets frustrated with me cause to her it is so clear! Love you little Alex!
Kami

Erin said...

Beautiful post, Melissa.