Tuesday, July 27, 2010
Anthonyism...
Last night Anthony had a birthday party for his little buddy Gavin. They have been friends since they were just learning to walk and they adore each other. He got home around 8 pm last night and he was TIRED. Anthony is already going through the phase of choosing whether he is going to give me a goodnight kiss or wanting to snuggle me. He is only 6. Seems too little to be doing that already but he is. So when he crawled up on my lap last night I was gracious.
He snuggles in looks up at me and the conversation goes as follows:
Anthony: "Mom, we have not snuggled since before I went to Grandma's and I really missed you."
Me: "I missed you too and I am so happy to snuggle with you."
Anthony: "Mom, how old are you going to be when I am 17?"
Me: "Hmm, let's see...I will be 43."
Anthony: Giggles..."How old will you be when I am 30?"
Me: "Oh no, I will be 56."
Anthony: "I will probably be a dad."
Me: "How many kids do you think you are going to have?"
Anthony: "Probably two. If they are boys I am going to name the Conicker (sp?) and Anthony like me. If they are girls I will probably name them Sally and Rosa."
Me: "What do you think your wife's name is going to be?"
Anthony: "I will have a wife?!"
I wish I had a recorder connected to my hip to catch everything that comes out of these boys' mouths. Alex says funny things every day and I tell myself to remember so I can record it and when it comes to writing it down I forget! He has been calling me Mommy Melissa lately. Following Anthony's direction in any way he can to please him. Which includes being pretty darn funny at times and sassing like he is also 6.
Oh and another big milestone for Big Al is he is now in a big boy bed. That was long overdue, he has been sleeping so much better. It probably has to due with the fact that he can actually stretch out and not sleep in a cocoon any longer.
If you have forgotten to comment here please do. I have been the lucky winner of some pretty cool things from Gust Gab and want to pay it forward to one of you. I thought that give aways were kind of hokey until I started winning some of them. Now I love them! Besides for $40 you can buy something pretty decent just for you or the family if you care to share.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
ah, I love hearing the things kids say...
like last night - Hailey told us she was in love!
WHAT!
ACK!
Speaking of give aways...did you get your motospeak headset?
Melissa, Alex looks so cute with his big boy crew cut! I love that you captured Anthony's conversation with you last night. So cute!
Post a Comment