Friday, April 29, 2011

This weekend...

Is going to be a busy one! Alex is going to join my sister and head up to Baudette to see my parents for the weekend. He has never gone without me so I am a little anxious but I know he will love all of the one on one attention. I can guarantee he will ask about Anthony though. When they are together they fight but when they are apart they miss each other. Anthony has a birthday party, 1st soccer game, and is very excited! I have 2 benefits to go to and may celebrate my birthday with the hubs. My mother-in-law offered to take Anthony after soccer so we may hit a movie or late dinner on Saturday. I told Erik we need to take advantage of as much alone time as possible because soon with 3 kids nobody is going to offer to watch them unless we are paying with some serious Benjamin's.

Speaking of baby, we have a name. A name that we all agree on and "feels just right". Our little girl is going to be named Kaycee or Kayce Marie, not 100% on spelling yet. Very excited to be able to call her by a name. This weekend I am going to put the rest of the things away in her room and get the crib up. I go in there and just sit sometimes, soak up all that is to come with her. It is the same room that Alex was in so I have many fond memories of late nights with him in the same chair. To think that we are going to have another little baby is very surreal to me. Truthfully, I think that Erik and I are still processing it. Especially after trying for so long for Alex, going through infertility. Crying and begging God for another baby. Frustrated with my own body for not delivering what I was wanting so badly. We just assumed if we wanted another baby that was the path we would be going down again. Content in the fact that it was the four of us. But we didn't and she is thriving everyday, getting bigger and bolder with her kicks. AMAZING!


Children are a blessing. There are days I have to count to ten to remind myself but I am daydreaming about this summer on maternity leave with us all snuggled in my bed, taking afternoon sunny walks, and me snuggling our new little girl while I watch the boys going crazy through the sprinkler. Life is good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun weekend and congrats on the name - very cute! She will be loved...Amy

ABCDH said...

I still can't believe you're having another baby either! Of course I like the name - and if I can throw in my two cents people may pronounce Kayce like "Case" - just a thought :-)