
Since I must be pregnant-(just kidding :) because of my sappy posts lately I thought I might as well put in a post about Leslie. Today is her 31st birthday, I love it because she catches up to me each and every year. Leslie was my first friend that I made when I moved to Moorhead in 9Th grade. We became friends and this is no lie as she quotes,"Because you were wearing Guess jeans and you were pretty." Now if that doesn't sum up highschool superficial thinking what does? I can still remember her approaching me in Mr. Phillipe's English class. She was eyeing me up and down, telling me that her locker was around the corner if I wanted to come with her after class so I could meet some of her friends (whom all eventually became my closest friends in my class). Mind you the girls in Moorhead did not welcome me with open arms. It was not easy being the new girl in 9Th grade, ironically the boys were the exact opposite. But when I moved to Moorhead I had some serious issues and a broken heart so I was not interested in boys. Just some female companionship and that is exactly what I got. I tell you what that girl set me straight. There was no topic off limits, no secrets kept, and no BS. Exactly what I needed at that time. We have shared highschool, milestones through our twenties together, and now our children are friends. We have had many arguments, adult beverages, and shopping trips together. She can point out my weaknesses and strengths in the same conversation, open my eyes to a situation, and tell me to stick it without batting an eye. She also can make me laugh like few others, wears the same clothes as me like few others, and keeps me grounded like few others.
Cheers to Leslie!
No comments:
Post a Comment