Friday, September 11, 2009

The Weekend

Now that we are back from the lake for good for the summer I have a to do list that I am busy putting together for both Erik and I to tackle. First on that list is getting our floors cleaned. I also want to change the dogs room into a playroom. It is really hard to swallow that task and I can barely look in there right now so I am going to hold off a while on that one. I am anxious to make some changes in our surroundings to start fresh. Have you painted cabinets before? I think that I am going to tackle that goal very soon. I want to paint our kitchen cabinets white and put a new countertop on. Our house was built in 1989 and has the laminate butcherblock coutertops with a medium oak cabinet and it drastically needs a change. I am thinking a shabby sheak look in the kitchen. Give it a brighter look and ditch all of the warm tones. Change out the light fixture- that is something I did when we moved in and changing light fixtures drastically changes the look of a room. Funny how cyclical making changes to your home can be. We go in phases when we are really gung ho and other times we could careless. I am pretty excited at cleaning the slate, even to have something fresh for the winter that came way too fast. Well if you have any ideas clue me in on them and I will let you know how all this turns out with before and after pictures.

On another note, today still really hurts. I could not sleep at all last night. I miss Ruby so much. Last night I got up at 2 am and watched P.S I Love You and cried like a baby the entire time. I know it is healthy to get it out but it sucks! No better words than,"IT SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

2 comments:

ABCDH said...

It does suck.

Ria said...

Hey!
When we moved into our house (built in 1989) we painted the oak cabinets white and did new countertops. I think it is quite a job though, so we had a painter come in and spray them. We also had new cottage type doors made for them with new hardware. It makes a HUGE difference! Good luck!