My doctor appointment today was good. Since we were not sure on the due date we did go forward with the ultrasound. I was expecting to see a circle with a kidney bean attached to a little string. Nope! I saw my baby.
There was a perfect little baby on the screen with a head, 2 arms, and 2 legs. Dr. Fiebiger turns the screen to me and says,"There is your baby. Look he has his hand up by his face." He did...it was a moment I will not forget. Our first time seeing each other, well me him anyway. She of course did not confirm it was a he but when I asked what the heart rate was it was 153. I made sure to ask,"Then it has to be a girl, right?!" She responded with a snorty laugh that pretty much finalized for me she had a sneaking suspicion is was a boy. "Melissa, do you know what your odds are of having another boy? 70% compared to 30% of it being a girl." That part we will have to wait to see.
But I am not crazy. The baby measured to be 14 weeks and 3 days so feeling movement makes sense. My due date has been changed to July 18th. I am into my second trimester. Not feeling as bad about the tight pants anymore.
Seeing the baby today made it that more real and I can tell you right now I am glowing with happiness. I think a family of 5 was our number all along, I just didn't know it.
5 comments:
Awww, I am melting with you! My first boy had a slow heartbeat, my second, a really fast one- I asked the same thing and pretty sure I got the same snort :) But one never really knows till, well you know.
July 16 is a great day for a birthday :) Just sayin'
Yeah - confirmation of just one baby! Glad you are getting used to the idea of adding another one to the family! :-)
It was meant to be!
Amy
Awwww....so happy for you Melissa!
Congratulations Melissa on your pregnancy, I bet your boys are excited!!
Congratulations!
You never know...but I always say a healthy, happy babe is great either way, right?
Post a Comment