This pregnancy was a SURPRISE! I am excited now but it took a while to grow on me because it was so unexpected. I think it has even taken longer with my husband because even though you are pregnant that first 3-4 months they don't see the changes until you actually pop out. I have been emotional, there is no doubt about that. In fact I cried all the way to work to today, actually I am still holding back tears. I have been tired, really tired actually. I literally don't let myself sit down once I get home from work until the kids have been fed, baths have been drawn, and homework is done. Because if I do it is really hard for me to get back up because I just want to go to bed. I run for my pajamas and bed as soon as they are both tucked in to their content. In between getting what needs to be done at night I have been working on our ongoing house projects that I can help with. Last night I completed the transition of getting all of Alex's clothes organized in his new ADORABLE dresser I just bought off of Craigslist for $10-smoking deal, I almost feel guilty for not offering them more. His room is done now so we can check that off the list. My nightly ritual has been going to get cozied in my bed with a good book, by the way just finished "Of Bees and Mist"-such a good read and reading until I literally cannot keep my head up. Most likely sleeping by 8:30-9 pm.
Erik came home Wednesday night from bowling and I could tell he was irritated. He was cleaning up the entry way because I had asked him earlier and was doing it pretty aggressively. He comes downstairs and I can tell he is annoyed. I ask him,"Is there something wrong?" He responds,"You ask me to do something and I come home to find you reading in bed." In my head-and...."Just so were clear before I sat my pregnant lazy butt down I did make the supper, fed the kids, got them bathed and in bed-well Anthony does bathe himself, scoured the bathroom because that tub lady is coming to give us a quote tomorrow night, let the dog out 10 times, and kenneled her." All I asked him was to do the entryway. Yeah. This is how I feel it has been a lot of this pregnancy, not sure if he still doesn't believe that I am pregnant. I told him this morning that nobody is making him stay, he is welcome to leave any time. I am a strong person. The reality is he would never leave because he is a for the most part a good husband and a very good dad. But I under no circumstance want him to think that this is an obligation. I realize I am hormonal right now, I also know that I have been requesting a lot from him especially with all of the changes we are making but you know what? I am right there with him. So you know what buddy-buck up!
6 comments:
P.S. I already gotta "I'm sorry" text...sorry just had to vent.
Haha!! I told you before, they just don't get it.
How Bill and I got through my 3rd pregnancy I'll never know.....
Does he read your blog?
They all have their days...Just as we have ours...
He'll come around - looks like he already is!
xoxo
Yes on occasion but he doesn't turn on a computer all to often. Even if he did I would be okay with him reading this. Marriage is not always pretty but after being together as long as we have these moments are few and far between. I just needed to vent today so I could let it GO!
Hi there! Just stopping by from the 2 Truths & a Lie blog hop. Nice to "meet" you.
Sometimes I think all us girls are all married to the exact same guy! lol They do indeed have their moments when the seem like one more kid to wrangle. But, as has already been said, they are people too, and need to vent just like we do!
Congrats on the new addition!
Lana D.
Okay, so i just changed my blog and look- ha chose what you had- too funny- obviously I love it... so glad I am not the only one that has days like this on occasion. Isn't it great to have a place to vent and sympathetic ears to listen :)
Post a Comment