Literally, all over the place. My parents came down, it was so great to see them since I haven't them since October. My mom always makes me feel better when I am pregnant. "Oh, you look so cute." A girl needs to hear that once in awhile.
So on the agenda we had Christmas-yes Christmas and the boys could not have been more happy to get more gifts. We had turkey dinner with all the fixings. My dad walked us through every step of how he makes his stuffing and prepares the turkey, it was pretty cute. Anthony and Alex were very happy to have their grandparents undivided attention putting together toys, having catered juice and snack servants, and unlimited lap time. It was nice.
Saturday we made the big move. Since our house is a bi-level and we have 3 bedrooms upstairs we are putting all the kids together. We moved downstairs into a larger bedroom that will soon have a new bathroom attached to it with a walk in closet. The room next to our room has always been deemed the dogs room because it was unfinished. Now half of it will become my walk in closet-hallelujah! The other half will remain unfinished for storage and Betty's little kennel.
So we were able to get Anthony transitioned into our old room upstairs with a new queen bed and frame. He has tons of space now and loves it. I think the problem is going to be getting him to actually leave his room when he gets sent to it. He thinks he is pretty cool. Alex will go to Anthony's room but we want to paint it first, then when he have him transitioned to his new room we will begin work in baby's room. Not to mention the new light fixtures we are wiring in, the painting of our kitchen and cabinets FINALLY by Solum's, and tearing out the wall that divides the kitchen and living room to replace it with a nice, long island.
A lot of work but it is going to feel so good to have all the changes I have been dreaming about completed.
After Saturday everyone was really exhausted. Our bedroom furniture is really heavy and a king bed is not easy to move. The guys were very sore. My mom and I reorganized closets, drawers, etc. I purged a lot that is going to Dakota Boys Ranch today. Good bye denim suit from 2001, I don't think that I could fit my forearm in you and when I can again I think it will be too late for you little buddy.
Sunday we kicked off the day with Sunday School and basketball. If you need a good chuckle come and watch K and 1st graders play basketball, seriously hilarious! Went to my Uncle Bill's for the big game. Talk about a ridiculous amount of food-holy moly! Erik and I kicked but playing shuffle board, my new favorite activity. Anthony won 1st quarter of the football pool with a nice crisp $20 dollar bill. We left before the game ended but my dad this morning shared Alex's end of game winnings of $40 with him. It was agreed by all of my relatives that the kids weren't allowed to play next year. I think everyone got a big kick out of them winning. If you ask me Alex earned his by the entertainment he provided dancing to the half time show. The boy has some rhythm!
4 comments:
Holy cow reading that exhausts me. When are you going to post pictures of your baby bump????
C'mon now mama, you can do it!
I hope you will be taking photos of the before and after of your house transformation!
We too have a bi level...our kids are upstairs (but we only have 2 bedrooms up there!) and we moved downstairs...I want to knock out that wall between OUR kitchen and living room too!
I'm giddy over it...but...it's a ways out...still saving aluminum cans to be able to afford it all!
POST PICS!
Of the remodel AND the baby bump!
xoxo
Wow, what a great weekend! It sounds jam packed with good things and that is a good kind of tired to be. I agree with both comments0- pics would be great of all the transformations going on!
It's going to be so awesome when it's all done!
Where are you now, Colorado??
Post a Comment