Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Any suggestions?
So Erik and I bought this amazing king size bed when I was pregnant with Alex because I our queen shrunk when I was pregnant. That is a whole new issue itself. Regardless, at the same time we bought Anthony a full size. Figuring it was a nice bed that would grow with him. The problem is that this morning I woke up staring at a Power Ranger poster in Batman sheets and Anthony woke up in my bed snuggled nice and cozy on my side. I am sooooo tired because he crawls in with us in the middle of the night. Not only invades our bed but takes it over COMPLETELY!!! So he wakes up rested, I wake up irritated, and Erik is too because he has been getting kicked in the ribs all night by a soon to be 5 year old who I swear maps out your body so he can find your kidneys and gave them a swift kick now and then. When it is just Erik and I in bed our bed seems huge. As soon as Anthony hops in it feels like we are in a twin. After Alex was born I thought I had this problem solved. Since Alex now sleeps through the night I am tortured with this issue and it is driving both Erik and I CRAZY!! So....what do I do? How do I reclaim my bed....I always did have a fantasy about Batman but not quite like this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hmm..that's a toughy.
At this point the only thing you can probably do is lose a little more sleep for a week or so by putting him promptly back in his own bed each and every time he crawls in. You know as well as I do it's easier said than done. But, if you remain consistent it will work.
I like to use bribery as well. Like use a chart with a handsome reward at the end.
Good luck!!
I hear you sister on that one. Olivia slept with us for a l-o-n-g time. Even last night she crept in. Thank goodness for the KING bed. I love ours. She also takes it over though. Man it drives me crazy!
I did tell her about a month before Brady was born that mommy was simply too big to sleep with her and daddy. I said, "Olivia you can come in my room. That's fine. But, if you do, you will have to sleep on the floor."
8 times out of 10 now she comes in to pee and leaves again. It really was that easy with her. I haven't had to do the floor thing because for 2 months straight, she NEVER came in. Go figure.
Post a Comment