Monday, January 26, 2009

Today is the day.


As you all know our Pug Charlie has been having health problems. This past weekend was particularly tough. He had 8 seizures on Saturday and 6 on Sunday. Those were just the ones that we were witness to. Poor guy is walking into walls, trying to walk through the spindles in our staircase, and cannot find his kennel. Erik and I decided that it is time to let Charlie go and put him to sleep. I am very sad. Even though Charlie is always in my face, has rancid breath, and extremely bad gas. He is also very loyal, has never hurt either of my children or even growled at them matter of fact, and has been my husbands little companion from the get go. When we picked Charlie up in the trailer court in Hawley he was TINY. Maybe 6 weeks old, he was the last one left and the owners told us the neediest. Charlie has always been needy but also very giving. Anthony is very sad about it, he almost talked me into keeping Charlie and not sending him to heaven this morning but I know it is the right thing to do. I love you Charlie.

5 comments:

Clare Marie said...

Melissa and Eric, we are so sorry that Charlie is not well. What a horrible decision to have to make, always hard always. Sorry to hear of your loss. HUG!

TBRKO said...

That is so sad. Losing a pet is SO stinking difficult. I am sending you a hug!

Anonymous said...

You are in my thoughts and prayers. I going to miss Charlie too. I am sure Mom will too. Her companion when she came to visit.

Anonymous said...

I have tears in my eyes...it's the best thing for him so he's out of pain...lots of love going your way.
Amy

ABCDH said...

Break my heart. Totally.