On Saturday Erik worked so the boys and I did what we call Team Tortorice clean up. I have to give big kudos to Anthony, he really is a lot of help with chores. Alex is still trying but Anthony is really helping. He made his bed, threw his and Alex's hamper full of dirty clothes down the stairs for me, and picked up his bedroom. Once I was ready to put away the clothes he was ready to help with open arms. At Alex's nap time I peeked in on Anthony and he was quietly sitting in his room coloring. I was really proud of him.
We made the big decision to shut off our cable for the summer. It is amazing how once that TV is not available to them they do function just fine without it. The movie requests have gone down and Anthony has become a lot more resourceful in finding things to keep his time. I thought it was going to be a painful transition, really the one that has complained the most is the biggest kid in the house-Erik. Because he can't watch his beloved Twins.
Saturday my in-law's asked if they could have the kids so I dropped them off later in the afternoon. Alex was excited to show off his new sandals from Pout, he looks so stink-in' cute with them on. Plus they smell a heck of a lot better than his others. Man, that kids old sandals smelled like a grown mans, I am not kidding.
So, Erik and I took off to the lake. We picked up Leslie and headed to D.L. for dinner at Fireside. If you have not been there it is a must. Ambiance is good, food is good, service is great. It has the feel of Monte's but is on the lake in D.L. After dinner we made a couple of stops on our way back and ended the night at The Roadhouse. I met Erik's new boss whose hair kind of looks like Rod Stewart, but is a really nice guy.
Yesterday I started my garage sale planning. I decided to have one on Friday night and Saturday morning this weekend. So if you are in the area stop buy and purchase some of my unworkables please. Also, if you want to sell some of yours feel free to drop them off, the requirement is they must be marked and you bring along a table. If you don't pick it up by Sunday it will be donated to The Dakota Boys Ranch.
So if you are looking for me I will be in the garage all week with a sharpie in my hand and masking tape in the other.
1 comment:
Sounds like you had a great weekend! I'm super jealous of all of your lake time!
Post a Comment