Monday, March 21, 2011

4 years...

This past weekend was really nice. I was very excited to spend some much needed time with my Godson...I swear the best baby ever. He was at our house for 6-7 hours and did not cry once. As long as he was fed, changed, and able to play Wii with the big boys he was content. Very happy baby, the Kuehl's are blessed. It was great to get caught up with Amy and Brad as well, ate come chicken artichoke pizza from Papa Murphy's-life is good!

This past weekend was the anniversary of my Grandma June's passing, it has been 4 years. In my eyes 4 very long years. They say that time heals everything. I am still waiting. She was hands down one of the most important people in my life, still is. I miss her voice, hearing her say,"Hi Darling"...whenever I called or walked in the door. I miss going over to her house for lunch. I miss her insisting Anthony come sit on her lap and even though he was little he always went to her without hesitation. She loved him so much. I think that she brought me Alex, he was conceived a month and half after she passed. We had been trying for 3 years. One month of infertility and BAM, it works. The doctor was blow away by that. About a month before I conceived this last time I prayed to her because I was lonely. At our family functions she was my go to person and I feel lost without her especially when it is all of us. I think she sent me my daughter to say here is another strong female.

My Grandma was the strongest woman I have ever met. She had 12 children, worked full time as a very successful business woman, and was an AMAZING cook. The woman started baking 2 months before Christmas to make sure she made everyones favorite. She nursed me back to vitality after my 22nd birthday when I crawled into her apartment. She insisted the hospital release her the day of Anthony's baptism. She told the nurses that if they did not let her go she would be gone when they came back to check on her. Fresh from open heart surgery.

Man, I just really miss that woman....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for hosting and good to catch up! Always hard to lose the influential people in our lives...what a nice written reminder of her.

Amy