Thursday, December 18, 2008

Resolutions so far...

  1. Purchased from only small businesses so far (basically if you are not a chain I will buy), forfeited Target, that was tough. I know I'll be back there.
  2. Have not had fast food. Did go to Mexican Village but had the luncheon fajita which is pretty much the only thing without gravy on it. Walked yesterday- almost died of hypothermia. Why I chose the middle of winter to start exercising is a whole new issue.
  3. Needs vs wants is virtually impossible to holiday shop with this so thank goodness these resolutions really do not take effect until the 31st.
  4. Trying to mind my own business and only stating opinion when asked. This is going to be the toughest I can see.
  5. I have kissed everyone good morning and good night. Said my prayers with Anthony.

So there it is! My trial run for the new year.

This morning I was in charge of the decorating cookies station in Anthony's pre-school class with Steph Berneking (sp?). It was a blast to watch the kids. I wore this funny apron my mom gave me last year- it looked a lot cuter when I was pregnant and resembled Santa's belly. Nice, plump, and round. This year my belly looked like some stacking rings stuck under red velvet and white fluff, not nearly as attractive but the kids still thought it was neat. Anthony was pretty proud I was there and I enjoyed taking part. He also is done with school today until 2009. So if I go A-wall send my husband to AJ's looking for me. All kidding aside, I know it is going to be fun, but the politically correct term would also be "challenging". Once the kids have that outlet it is hard to keep them busy and fulfilled to that capacity when they are not in school. But we will do our versions of projects to fill the void as well as hopefully spend some time outside if the weather cooperates.

2 comments:

ABCDH said...

O my God, that was so funny!! You are doing awesome at your resolutions!
This will make you laugh: this morning I thought it would good excercise to try and copy Beyonce in her new video "put a ring on it" - quite the sight to behold.

Unknown said...

You are so damn funny. Dancing like Beyonce and going to Britney. We are having mid-life's already.:)