I just got back from lunch and my belly is warm with Crab Bisque, Chicken Dumpling, and Cream of Mushroom soup...not to mention 3 Great Harvest Rolls and 2 sugar cookies. No judging. Plus I got to walk away with an original (very cool) painted bowl all for $15. The best part is the proceeds go to the March of Dimes. Life is good! I am completely convinced that I would like to take part in this event every year going forward and make it an annual date for me to catch up with some girlfriends. I think I am even going to paint a bowl next year, I know Anthony and Alex would love to do it as well.
When I was sitting there today it got me thinking. Thinking about how I really enjoy being a part of events like this. How it feels good knowing you are helping others even if it is in the slightest way. In between slurping my soup down I was also very grateful that I was able to bring home two healthy baby boys. That what a miracle it is to have a healthy pregnancy, delivery, and go home with a squishy, soft, warm baby.
So today I pray for all the mothers that haven't taken a baby home and have had to leave the hospital alone. I pray for all those that are still having to endure medical tests, hospitals, and having to be away from their other children. I pray that I remember in my darkest hours of mothering that I appreciate what I have. Because every mother deserves a healthy baby and if they are not granted that they deserve to get support from great organizations like the March of Dimes.
http://www.marchofdimes.com/

No comments:
Post a Comment