Saturday, November 21, 2009

Anthony's First Day of Basketball

So today is Anthony's first day of basketball at the YMCA. Basketball is personally my favorite sport. Some of my favorite memories growing up were playing hours of ball with my dad outside of our rust colored house. I am talking HOURS! I played point guard and believe it or not usually always started. I played until 8th grade. My last year was in junior high at Perham. Once we moved to Moorhead I realized I was out of my league at try outs and quit, the girls were a lot bigger and more competitive. Unfortunately I was able to find other extra-curricular activities to stay busy with. But I have always regretted not trying a little harder and playing at Moorhead because the love of basketball has never left me. It seems to be a sport that Anthony is really into too and that makes me really happy. I think that my dad takes a little pride in that too. He was a basketball player through high school and is a ref still. It drove me nuts when he was the ref at my games.

So I hope Anthony has a great first day and is ready to play ball with his mom when gets home.

1 comment:

Kris said...

Awww cute! I didn't know you played basketball. I did too but was SO self conscious and nervous during the games that I almost gave myself a heart attack so I quit in Jr. High too. Hard to believe huh? My volleyball career was cut short too because AJ and I
would skip practice and I believe one time all we did was hide in the girls bathroom for the whole practice...weird. Anyway, yay Anthony!